Hair Extensions After Care
Micro – Loop Hair Extensions After Care
1. To maintain your extensions in the best possible condition, it is important that you follow the advised procedures. Shampooing and conditioning your hair at least twice a week with the recommended products such as dry shampoo and advice.
2. When washing your hair, always use a shower hose. Do not turn your head upside down as this may cause tangling.
3. Pat hair down with a towel to remove excess water – Do not wrap hair in a towel apply small dash of Argan oil to whole head including your Hair extensions. Blow dry using hair extensions brush making sure bonds are thoroughly dry when using strengtheners we recommend you turn down the temperature to around 150-170c. Finish off styling hair as desired.
4. Sleeping – gently plait the hair or tie loosely in a soft band to prevent tangling. Never sleep on wet hair, always make sure hair is completely dry before going to bed.
5. Hair Shedding Process – it is useful to understand your natural hair shedding process. When using hair extensions your hair will shed in just the same way as it does when not using hair extensions, there is an acceptable amount of hair shedding which generally equates to one quarter to one third of the hair originally used to apply each professional hair extension.
6. General Wear – do not apply unnecessary tension to the bond and root areas by tying ponytails too tight.
Keep your hair clean – when dirt and sweat build up, hair can tangle and matte together and can also cause the bonds to soften. Wash your hair after exercise, swimming etc. If possible, wear a cap when swimming or try to keep your hair out of the water. It is recommended to wear your hair up or in a ponytail when you swim or exercise.
Please note, excessive pulling or picking of extensions may result in extensions coming out and your own hair breaking off.